how to change folder color in windows 10
In any Explorer window, right-click a folder to open the context menu. Under the “Change Icon” submenu you can find pre-defined colors to apply to the folder. Click the color you like and the folder instantly becomes of that color.
- Open This PC in File Explorer.
- Locate the folder whose icon you wish to customize.
- Right click it and select Properties in the context menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the Customize tab.
- Click on the button Change Icon.
- In the next dialog, pick a new icon and you are done.
Click the small green ‘…’ icon and choose a folder to colour, then click ‘OK’. Pick a colour and click ‘Apply’, then open Windows Explorer to see the change. You’ll notice that coloured folders don’t give you a preview of their contents like standard Windows folders do.